A Psalm of David, which he sang to the Lord because of the words of Chusi the 7.1: Lit. son of Jemini. Benjamite.
(18) For the end, a Psalm of David, the servant of the Lord; the words which he spoke to the Lord, even the words of this Song, in the day in which the Lord delivered him out the hand of all his enemies, and out the hand of Saul: and he said:
(34) A Psalm of David, when he changed his countenance before Abimelech; and he let him go, and he departed.
(45) For the end, for 44.1: See also Ps 68 and 79, titles; q. d. repeated, see Hebrew. alternate strains by the sons of Core; for instruction, a Song concerning the beloved.
(51) For the end, a Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came to him, when he had gone to Bersabee.
(52) For the end, a Psalm of 51.1: Gr. governing. instruction by David, when Doec the Idumean came and told Saul, and said to him, David is gone to the house of Abimelech.
(54) For the end, among Hymns of instruction by David, when the Ziphites came and said to Saul, Behold, is not David hid with us?
(56) For the end, concerning the people that were removed from the 55.1: Or, holy things. sanctuary, by David for a memorial, when the Philistines caught him in Geth.
(57) For the end. Destroy not: by David, for a memorial, when he fled from the presence of Saul to the cave.
(59) For the end. Destroy not: by David for a memorial, when Saul sent, and watched his house to kill him.
(60) For the end, for them that shall yet be changed; for an inscription by David for instruction, when he had burned Mesopotamia of Syria, and Syria Sobal, and Joab had returned and struck in the valley of salt twelve thousand.
(80) For the 79.1: See Ps 44, and 68, titles. end, for alternate strains, a testimony for Asaph, a Psalm concerning the Assyrian.
(88) A song of a Psalm for the sons of Core for the end, upon Maeleth for responsive strains, of 87.1: Gr. understanding. instruction for Aeman the Israelite.
(93) For 92.1: Alex. the sabbath-day. the day before the Sabbath, when the land was first inhabited, the praise of a Song by David.
(102) A Prayer for the Poor; when he is deeply afflicted, and pours out his supplication before the Lord.
Alleluia, a Psalm of Aggaeus and Zacharias. 147.1: In the original text, the following verses are numbered 12 to 20.
This Psalm is a genuine one of David, though supernumerary, composed when he fought in single combat with 1.4: Alex. Goliath Goliad.